Explore and discover one of America's newest national parks on this 3 day weekend adventure at Pinnacles. Not only is this a beautiful national park, but it's one of the primary sanctuaries for the now non-endangered California condor.
We'll begin our journey on Friday evening for a two-hour drive to the cliffs, caves and condors of Pinnacles National Park. Upon arrival at the park, we will set up our comfortable campsite before heading out on a "warm-up" walk through the nearby woods leading us past giant oak trees and offers glimpses of the park’s rocky peaks. After exploring the site and breathing in the pine-scented air, we will head back to the campsite for a delicious dinner under the stars.
Photo by Tommy Lisbin on Unsplash
On Saturday morning, we'll get a sunrise start, grab breakfast, and prep for a day hike along High Peaks Trail Loop. Along the way, we will get to enjoy ever-changing views and ascend through the Bear Gulch Caves, keeping our eyes and ears peeled for some of the 14 species of bats that call this place home. Depending on the park services' decision, we will explore the caves of Pinnacles (subject to bat hibernation patterns), and regardless will do amazing hiking around the other worldly park.
Image credit: Photo by Carson Vara on Unsplash
After an exhilarating day of exploring the park, we'll enjoy hot showers before dinner and a final night of storytelling, drinking & stargazing.
Image credit: Photo by Arthur Poulin on Unsplash
On Sunday, we will awaken in our campground under a canopy of giant oaks, the smell of freshly-brewed coffee in the air. After breakfast, we'll pack up and drive back to San Francisco, making a stop at the park’s visitor center on our way home.
This park has full facilities and food will be provided. Due to its location at the edge of the Central Valley, October - November are considered the best months to go for temperature purposes. This should be an absolutely fantastic trip!
Add to Calendar
Host: Jeremy F.
Premium Members: $99
Basic Members: $129
Upgrade to Premium
The price includes:
- Coordination of carpools to Pinnacles National Park and back
- 2 nights camping at Pinnacles National Park
- Guided hikes and activities for each day
- All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners (at the campsite)
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and desserts)
- All alcohol (beer, cider, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Firewood, s'mores, and ice
- Use of shared camping equipment/supplies: bug spray, lanterns, shade canopy, tent tools, grill, etc.
IMPORTANT: Round-trip transportation costs are not included
- Arrive at our campsite
- Settle in with a welcome drink and roasted marshmallows
- Meet everyone else on the trip
- Dinner will be served
- Celebrate the start of our weekend adventure!
- Breakfast at the campsite
- Hike and explore Pinnacles National Park
- Relax and enjoy picnic lunch
- Dinner back at the campsite
- Drinks, storytelling and fun times
- Breakfast at the campsite
- Pack up and check out by 11AM
- Carpool back to SF
- Optional group lunch on the way home
The planned activities are all optional. You are free to do what you wish on this trip.
Image credit: Photo by Maysam Yabandeh on Pixnio