Looking for some awesome to fill your weekend? We've got just the thing! Bioluminescence kayaking is just as cool as it sounds and it's a truly unique experience only available in the Bay Area in Tomales Bay. Add to that a delicious lunch at Hog Island Oyster Co, and a drive/hike through the Point Reyes National Seashore, and this will be a trip that will have your eyes and mouths wide with wonder.
Tomales Bay is a stretch of the Northern California coastline that is known for its beautiful ocean views, calm waters, and delicious oysters. Because the entire area is inside a natural bay, it's an ideal location for swimming, kayaking, and a variety of water sports. Lucky for us it's also the perfect environment for bioluminescence kayaking.
What is Bioluminescence Kayaking? This is an evening light show on the water - a magical display of the work of bioluminescent dinoflagellates - an amazing plankton species that produces bursts of light when awakened by the paddles. Fish swimming, paddles breaking the surface, and kayaks cutting through the water will generate a magical display. (Video Link)
Image Credit: Hog Island Oyster Co.
In addition to the bioluminescence kayaking with Outback Adventures, we will also have a mouth-watering lunch at Hog Island Oyster Company.
But wait there's more! Tomales Bay is also known for the Point Reyes National Seashore, an area of incredible beauty and history. We will go on a drive/hike of the area and explore many of its hidden beaches, vista points, and historical locations. Below is the image of the popular Point Reyes Lighthouse.
Image by David Mark from Pixabay
When we're not out and about, we can relax in our beautiful home, located on the 1st fairway of The Links at Bodega Harbour. This house has spectacular ocean views, multiple decks, and all the amenities needed for that home away from home feel.
Image Credit: Bodega Bay Escapes
Best part of all, there is a hot tub in the backyard! Relaxing in that hot tub after a long day of adventuring with some wine will be the perfect end to an amazing day.
Image Credit: Bodega Bay Escapes
I can't imagine a better way to spend a weekend out of the city. You will come back feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Don't miss out on this amazing experience!
Add to Calendar
Prices are based on your bed selection
Premium Members: $399+
Basic Members: $449+
Upgrade to Premium
IMPORTANT: A negative COVID-19 test is required to attend this trip.
- Coordination of carpools to Bodega Bay and back
- 2 nights in a comfortable bed in our awesome home rental in Bodega Bay
- 4 home-cooked meals, only excluding lunch on Saturday
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and desserts)
- All alcohol (beer, cider, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Games (board games, party games, and video games)
- kayaking tour ($139 value)
- Guided hikes, daytime explorations, and sunset beach party
- Karaoke party (optional)
IMPORTANT: Round-trip transportation costs are not included
- Carpool to Tomales Bay and arrive at our weekend beach house
- Settle in with a welcome drink and snacks
- Meet everyone else on the trip
- A light meal will be served
- Celebrate the start of our getaway weekend!
- Hot tub!
- Light breakfast at the house
- Lunch at Hog Island Oyster Co.
- Relax at Heart's Desire Beach
- Relax in the hot tub before dinner
- Group dinner at the house
- Bioluminescence Kayaking tour
- Drinks, games, and dancing or karaoke
- Breakfast at the house.
- Pack up and check out by 11 AM
- Explore Point Reyes National Seashore
- Hiking or driving tour depending on how we feel
- Carpool back to SF
- Optional group lunch/dinner on the way home
All of the activities above are optional. You are free to do what you want on this trip.
Image Credit: Matador Network