We are going on a weekend camping trip to Mt. Diablo! It's the perfect place for nature loving people. We'll be able to enjoy various wildflowers blooming and there are tons of trails to go hiking and mountain biking on! We have campsites reserved at Juniper Campground which offers amazing views and sunsets.
We’ll kick the weekend off by hiking to the summit of Mt. Diablo via Juniper Trail. The trip to the summit is almost as beautiful as the summit itself. Once at the peak there are amazing 360 degree views. When conditions are right, you can see almost 200 miles into the distance.
We’ll also tackle a beautiful, but challenging waterfall hike. Along this amazing trail are beautiful views through the valley and multiple waterfalls.
Image Credit: Backpack Verse
When we return from our adventures, we'll gather at camp and share a group dinner together. The delicious food will fill our bellies and replenish our energy. Then we'll sit around the campfire and enjoy a cold beer or a cup of wine while we share our stories from the day.
Join us as we spend our days out hiking the many trails and our nights around the bonfire sharing drinks, stories, and laughs. Bring on camping season!
Add to Calendar
Premium Members: $149
Basic Members: $199
Upgrade to Premium
The price includes:
- Coordination of carpools to Mt. Diablo and back
- 2 nights of camping accommodations
- All meals
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and desserts)
- All alcohol (beer, cider, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Guided hikes and daytime activities
- Firewood, s'mores, and ice
- Use of shared camping equipment/supplies: bug spray, lanterns, shade canopy, tent tools, grill, etc.
DOES NOT include:
- Tents, sleeping bag
(Additional tents may be available upon request)
IMPORTANT: Round-trip transportation costs are not included
IMPORTANT: A negative COVID test is required
- Carpool to Mt. Diablo and arrive at our reserved campsites
- Set up tents and campsites
- Settle in with a welcome drink and snacks
- Meet everyone else on the trip
- A light meal will be served
- Celebrate the start of our camping weekend!
- Breakfast at camp
- Hike one of the many trails near camp
- Lunch on the trail or back at camp
- Enjoy sunset views
- Return to camp for group dinner
- Drinks, games, s'mores, and storytelling around the campfire
- Breakfast at the camp
- Pack up and check out by 12 PM
- Go hike and chase waterfalls
- Carpool back to SF
- Optional group lunch/dinner on the way home
The planned activities are all optional. You are free to do what you wish on this trip.
Photo by Sasha Freemind on Unsplash