We are going white water rafting and camping on the American River this weekend! We'll go on a rafting tour covering over 12 miles of river with 13 rapids. We also get to camp for 2 nights on a private campground right on the river with all the amenities. This trip is the perfect combination of nature and excitement!
Our Middle Fork American river 1 day trip is one of the best adventurous summertime day trips in California. Combining thrilling white water with beautiful wilderness canyon beauty. This trip is for adventurous beginners or experienced rafters who are interested in challenging some of the biggest drops we have. Right off the bat we hit “Good Morning”, a rapid that will drench you and give you a taste of what is to come later in the day. Of course, the famous “Tunnel Chute”, “Kanaka Falls” are just a few of the class IV rapids you will encounter on your Middle Fork American river rafting adventure. (See above)
Image credit: Whitewaterexcitement.com
After a day of rafting we'll return to our waterfront campsite where we can swim (in 70 degree waters), relax, and share stories from the day. You can take a hot shower before joining the happy hour with drinks and appetizers. The night begins with a BBQ dinner, followed by drinks and games by the campfire.
In addition to the rafting we can go hiking and wine tasting. We are just outside the Eldorado National Forest, as well as the beautiful Folsom Lake. There are also lots of wineries in the area for us to sample.
You're going to have so much fun on this trip that you may never want to leave! These types of experiences is how friendships are made.
Add to Calendar
Host: Francis C
Premium Members: $329
Basic Members: $379
Registration price includes 1 day rafting tour & 2 nights of camping, food & drinks
Upgrade to Premium
The price includes:
- Coordination of carpools to Placerville and back
- Class IV whitewater rafting adventure
- 2 nights at a private campground on the river
- 4 meals (3 on Sat, 1 on Sun)
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, etc)
- All alcohol (beer, wine, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Shared camping supplies and equipment (No tents)
IMPORTANT: Round-trip transportation costs are not included
IMPORTANT: A negative COVID test is required
- Arrive at the riverside camp and set up
- Meet everyone else over snacks and drinks
- Games, music, and fun times
- Quick breakfast at camp
- Depart for whitewater rafting
- Raft down the American river!
- Lunch provided during the rafting trip
- Post rafting happy hour
- Group dinner at the camp
- Games, drinks, music, and fun times
- Quick breakfast at camp
- Depart for activities nearby
- Return to SF