We're headed out for a weekend of camping at New Melones Lake! The 12,500 surface-acre lake is the fourth largest reservoir in California and is situated along the edge of the Mother Lode, the rich gold vein that prompted the California Gold Rush of 1849.
We are camping at Tuttletown Recreation Area with access to so many different activities - fishing, boating, hiking, jet skiing, water skiing, etc. The water at New Melones is spectacular - clear and clean and wonderfully refreshing. We may just spend all day in the water!
Friday: Arrive at our campsite in Tuttletown Recreation Area. Set up camp and secure belongings. Have dinner at campsite. Enjoy the peaceful evening with stargazing and conversations around a fire.
Saturday: Breakfast at camp and secure belongings. Pack lunch and rent a boat to go for a ride before taking a dip in the lake. Short hike after boating. Return to camp, have dinner, rest and relax with our camp mates around a fire.
Sunday: Breakfast at camp and pack up. Short 4 mile hike to see Natural Bridges trail. Optional lunch on the way back home.
Add to Calendar
Host: Rene E
Premium Members: $99 for 2 nights
Pay Per Event Members: $149 for 2 nights
Upgrade to Premium
We will provide:
- Camping Permits
- Carpool arrangement
- Guided hikes
- Primary Water Filtration. You are welcome to bring additional water filters to carry with you.
- First Aid Kits
- Toilet Paper, Cooking Supplies, Cleaning Supplies
- Primary Lighting Sources. We also recommend you bring your own personal lighting source.
- Food (Friday dinner, all meals on Saturday, Sunday breakfast)
- Insect repellent & Sunscreen
- Gas for Camping Stoves
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON YOUR OWN
- Water bottle/hydration pack
- Tent. We help link people who don't have a tent with those that do. You don't need to buy or own your own tent to join this trip! Just let us know at signup.
- Sleeping Pad
- Sleeping Bag
- Camping Cookware. We only need a certain number of camping pots and pans. If you have one you can bring to help with meals please let us know at signup. You do not need to buy or own your own cookware to join this trip!
- Camping bowl/plate/cup & utensils
- Basic toiletries & Prescription Medications
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Hiking boots/shoes
- Swimsuit & Camping Towel. This is optional.
- Picnic tables and fire rings are provided at each campsite.
- Flush toilets, showers, and drinking water are available
- Showers are $.50. Must bring quarters.
Image credit: dirk von loen-wagner on Unsplash