Let’s get into the swing of autumn with a weekend trip down to Monterey. With so many sites and activities in or near the water, this is sure to be an epic weekend!
Saturday will be a day of fun and adventure as we start out by kayaking with otters at Moss Landing. For three hours we’ll be able to experience the beauty of a natural California estuary while learning about the seals, sea lions, jellyfish and sea otters that call it home. No kayaking experience necessary!
After observing sea otters playing everywhere, we’ll have lunch at the iconic Pebble Beach Golf Links. Rated the Best Public Golf Course in America.
Afterwards, we’ll hop in our cars to explore the 17 Mile Scenic Drive. This scenic road runs along the Pacific Ocean and takes you to an enchanting world full of dramatic coastal cliffs, snow-white beaches, mansions, and iconic golf courses.
We’ll finish our excursion in Carmel by the Sea and take in the sunset at Carmel Beach. This popular beach has been manicured to perfection with its white sand and beautiful scenery. We can also walk around Carmel by the Sea to discover one-of-a-kind experiences around every corner in this one-square mile village nestled along California's Central Coast.
Sunday morning can be spent either doing an amazing whale watching tour (complete with dolphin sightings) or strolling around Fisherman’s Wharf. Here you'll find a treasure trove of handmade delights! Everything from saltwater taffy, candy apples, chocolates and caramel corn at Carousel Candies to whimsical over-sized lollipops and truffles at the Wharf Wonka Chocolate Factory.
With so many activities to choose from in Monterey, there will never be a dull moment. Snag your spot now before someone else does!
Add to Calendar
Premium Members: $299+
Pay Per Event Members: $349+
Upgrade to Premium
IMPORTANT: Transportation costs are not included. Passengers are responsible for splitting gas/toll costs.
The price includes:
- Coordination of carpools to Salinas and back
- 2 nights in a comfortable bed in our spacious house
- 4 meals, only excluding lunch on Saturday
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and desserts)
- All alcohol (beer, cider, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Games (board games, party games, and video games)
- Parties (karaoke and dance party)
- Carpool to Salinas and arrive at our 5 bedroom house
- Settle in with a welcome drink and snacks
- Meet everyone else on the trip
- A light meal will be served
- Drinks, games, and party!
- Breakfast at the house
- Kayaking with sea otters
- Lunch at Pebble Beach Golf Links
- 17 Mile Scenic Drive
- Carmel by the Sea
- Sunset at Carmel Beach
- Dinner at the house
- Drinks, games, and party!
- Breakfast at the house.
- Pack up and check out by 10 AM
- Whale watching tour (Optional)
- Old Fisherman's Wharf tour
- Carpool back to SF
- Optional group lunch/dinner on the way home
The planned activities are all optional. You are free to do what you wish on this trip.
Image by Christel SAGNIEZ from Pixabay