The cold and wet winter is finally over and we can welcome back the sun and the warmth of spring with open arms! The winter storms have filled the streams and rivers all over California, making this the perfect time to hit the road and get back out into nature. We are going on a weekend camping trip to Mt. Diablo!
Mt. Diablo is a place for nature loving people. In April, we’ll be able to enjoy various wildflowers blooming and there are tons of trails to go hiking and mountain biking on! We have campsites reserved at Juniper Campground which offers amazing views and sunsets.
We’ll kick the weekend off by hiking to the summit of Mt. Diablo via Juniper Trail. The trip to the summit is almost as beautiful as the summit itself. Once at the peak there are amazing 360 degree views. When conditions are right, you can see almost 200 miles into the distance.
We’ll also tackle a beautiful, but challenging waterfall hike. Along this amazing trail are beautiful views through the valley and multiple waterfalls. With the great winter season we’ve been having, the waterfalls should be in full force this weekend!
Image Credit: Backpack Verse
When we return from our adventures, we'll gather at camp and share a group dinner together. The delicious food will fill our bellies and replenish our energy. Then we'll sit around the campfire and enjoy a cold beer or a cup of wine while we share our stories from the day.
Join us as we spend our days out hiking the many trails and our nights around the bonfire sharing drinks, stories, and laughs. Bring on camping season!
Add to Calendar
Premium Members: $119
Pay Per Event Members: $149
Upgrade to Premium
IMPORTANT: Transportation costs are not included. Passengers are responsible for splitting gas/toll costs.
The price includes:
- Coordination of carpools to Mt. Diablo and back
- 2 nights of camping accommodations
- All meals
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and desserts)
- All alcohol (beer, cider, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Guided hikes and daytime activities
- Firewood, s'mores, and ice
- Use of shared camping equipment/supplies: bug spray, lanterns, shade canopy, tent tools, grill, etc.
DOES NOT include:
- Tents, sleeping bag
(Additional tents may be available upon request)
Send your payments using:
(Please use friends and family option for PayPal)
Your payment secures your spot. An RSVP alone does not count.
IMPORTANT: You must fill out this survey when you RSVP.
Otherwise you will be removed from the RSVP list.
- Carpool to Mt. Diablo and arrive at our reserved campsites
- Set up tents and campsites
- Settle in with a welcome drink and snacks
- Meet everyone else on the trip
- A light meal will be served
- Celebrate the start of our camping weekend!
- Breakfast at camp
- Hike one of the many trails near camp
- Lunch on the trail or back at camp
- Enjoy sunset views
- Return to camp for group dinner
- Drinks, games, s'mores, and storytelling around the campfire
- Breakfast at the camp
- Pack up and check out by 12 PM
- Go hike and chase waterfalls
- Carpool back to SF
- Optional group lunch/dinner on the way home
The planned activities are all optional. You are free to do what you wish on this trip.
Photo by Sasha Freemind on Unsplash