SFUAC is headed back to Lake Tahoe for another ski trip. Join us as we get an early start to the season and get some runs in right before Christmas!
This ski trip is beginner friendly as our house has easy access to several resorts that are good for those of you who want to take lessons. Boreal and Sugarbowl are both close to the house and much cheaper than Northstar. Beginners can take a lesson at one of these resorts and save money! Both have excellent beginner terrain and offer lesson packages.
Non-beginners can go to Northstar and shred some of the best early season snow in Tahoe. With over 3,000 skiable acres, your legs will be begging for a break by the end of the day. From groomers and tree runs to bowls and terrain parks, you can hit a little bit of everything. Make sure to be at the top of Rendezvous lift at 2 PM for free champagne!
Didn’t get enough runs during the day? Boreal stays open until 9pm so you can get some amazing night riding in. If you’re there early enough, you might even catch a beautiful sunset from the top of Accelerator lift.
Not enough snow to enjoy the winter activities? No problem! We can go hiking on some of the 112 trails that Tahoe has to offer. We’ll visit the town of Truckee and enjoy Donner Lake. It is gorgeous with breathtaking views. Sometimes you can even see the trains passing by the mountains up above the side of the lake.
Image Credit: AirBNB
When we’re not on the mountain or hanging out in the Village, we’ll be kicking back at our incredible 5 bedroom house. You can relax in the hot tub, play foosball, or just lounge around in one of the two living rooms. We'll have meals together as a family. After dinner, we'll bust out some karaoke and have a dance party!
Don’t miss out on this awesome trip!
Add to Calendar
Host: Andy Huang
Premium Members: $259 (
Pay Per Event Members: $299 (
Upgrade to Premium
IMPORTANT: Transportation costs are not included
The price includes:
- Coordination of carpools to Lake Tahoe and back
- 2 nights in a comfortable bed in our awesome ski house
- Buddy passes for those without season passes (limited)
- 4 meals, only excluding lunch on Saturday
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and desserts)
- All alcohol (beer, cider, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Games (board games, party games, and video games)
- Parties (karaoke and dance party)
Send your payments using:
(Please use friends and family option for PayPal)
Your payment secures your spot. An RSVP alone does not count.
IMPORTANT: You must fill out this survey when you RSVP.
Otherwise you will be removed from the RSVP list.
- Carpool to Tahoe and arrive at our ski house
- Settle in with a welcome drink and snacks
- Meet everyone else on the trip
- A light meal will be served
- Dance party!
- Breakfast at the house
- Skiing/snowboarding, snow sports
- Exploring Truckee and Donner Lake
- Relax/foosball/hot tub
- Dinner at the house
- Drinks, games, and dancing or karaoke
- Breakfast at the house.
- Pack up and check out by 10 AM
- Exploring or more snow sports
- Carpool back to SF
- Optional group lunch/dinner on the way home
The planned activities are all optional. You are free to do what you wish on this trip.
Please fill out the carpool form here
Drivers, please indicate where and when you are leaving. Passengers can sign up for an available car or the wait-list if none are available.
Passengers are responsible for splitting gas/toll costs
Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash