Ever wondered where to go for a true getaway weekend? Look no further than the Mendocino coast. A mere 3 hour drive will take you away from the hustle and bustle of San Francisco, and into the quiet and serene beach towns of Mendocino and Fort Bragg.
Image by David Mark from Pixabay
This area is known for it's beautiful coastline, numerous hidden beaches, and panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. Looking at that picture above it's no wonder that this is among the most photographed places in California. However, the real draw for most visitors are the sea caves.
Image credit: Gardenbythesea.org
Along the coast of Mendocino are numerous sea caves that have formed after thousands of years of erosion. When the water is warm and the tides are right, they are ripe for exploration by kayak. We will kayak into these mysterious caves with an experienced guide who will give us the history and the science behind these structures.
Image by cebron from Pixabay
In addition to the sea cave kayaking, we will also explore the nearby state parks and hiking trails. We will go for a scenic drive along Highway 1 and check out the lighthouses, beaches, and the Frederick W. Panhorst Bridge seen above. It will be a weekend full of discovering new places and reconnecting with nature.
When we're not out and about, we can relax in our beautiful sea side home nestled in the redwoods. This house has plenty of space, a big kitchen, and all the amenities needed for that home away from home feel.
Best part of all, there is a hot tub in the backyard surrounded by redwoods! Relaxing in that hot tub after a long day of adventuring with a glass of wine will be the perfect end to an amazing day.
I can't imagine a better way to spend a weekend out of the city. You will come back feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Don't miss out on this amazing experience!
Click Here to Follow Our Events Calendar
Host: Andy Huang
Premium Members: $239 for 2 nights (
Pay Per Event Members: $279 for 2 nights (
includes 1 month of premium membership
Upgrade to Premium
- Coordination of carpools to Fort Bragg and back
- 2 nights in a comfortable bed in our awesome home in the redwoods
- 4 home-cooked meals, only excluding lunch on Saturday
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and desserts)
- All alcohol (beer, cider, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Games (board games, party games, and video games)
- Guided hikes, daytime explorations, and sunset beach party
- Karaoke party (optional)
Does NOT include:
Sea cave kayaking cost (~$75-$100 pp)
Send your payments using:
(Please use friends and family option for PayPal)
Your payment secures your spot. An RSVP alone does not count.
IMPORTANT: You must fill out this survey when you RSVP.
Otherwise you will be removed from the RSVP list.
- Carpool to Fort Bragg and arrive at our home in the redwoods
- Settle in with a welcome drink and snacks
- Meet everyone else on the trip
- A light meal will be served
- Celebrate the start of our getaway weekend!
- Hot tub in the redwoods
- Breakfast at the house
- Sea cave kayaking tour
- Lunch in Mendocino
- Go for a scenic drive along Highway 1
- Explore lighthouses, beaches, bridges, and more!
- Hangout and games on the beach and watch the sunset
- Relax in the hot tub before dinner
- Group dinner
- Drinks, games, and dancing or karaoke
- Breakfast at the house.
- Pack up and check out by 11AM
- Go for a hike in Jackson State Forest
- Wine tasting/lunch
- Carpool back to SF
- Optional group lunch/dinner on the way home
All of the activities above are optional. You are free to do what you want on this trip.
Please fill out the carpool form here
Drivers, please indicate where and when you are leaving. Passengers can sign up for an available car or the wait-list if none are available.
Passengers are responsible for splitting gas/toll costs
Image by Dimitris Vetsikas from Pixabay