The cold and wet winter is finally over and we can welcome back the sun and the warmth of spring with open arms! The winter rains have filled the streams and rivers all over California, making this the perfect time to hit the road and get back out into nature. We are going on a weekend camping trip to one of the most iconic places in California. Welcome to Big Sur.
Image by Brigitte Werner from Pixabay
Located just off one of the world's most unforgettable stretches of coastline, Big Sur has everything a nature lover desires. There are hidden beaches with stunning views of sunsets, big groves of redwoods waiting to be explored, and viewpoints all along highway one that will take your breath away. Seen above is the iconic Bixby Bridge, which just recently reopened to traffic after an 18 month closure. Lucky us!
Image by charlesmiller from Pixabay
We are camping at Pfeiffer Big Sur Campground, right along the Pacific coast and near some of the best sights in Big Sur. Trust me when I say this is one of the hardest reservations to score. We get to spend two days exploring all the amazing hiking trails, waterfalls, and beaches around us.
After our explorations we will go to Pfeiffer Beach where we can relax and enjoy a gorgeous sunset over the Pacific. We can listen to music, play games, and enjoy the majestic beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
When we return from our adventures, we'll gather at camp and share a group dinner together. The delicious food will fill our bellies and replenish our energy. Then we'll sit around the campfire and enjoy a cold beer or a cup of wine while we share our stories from the day.
Big Sur is a treasure and we are so lucky that it's just a short drive away. This is the camping trip that you will compare all future camping trips to. Don't miss out on this amazing experience!
Click Here to Follow Our Events Calendar
Host: Andy Huang
Premium Members: $99 (
Pay Per Event Members: $129 (
Includes 1 month of premium membership
Upgrade to Premium
- Coordination of carpools to Big Sur and back
- 2 nights of camping accommodations
- All meals
- Snacks (fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers, and desserts)
- All alcohol (beer, cider, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks)
- All beverages (water, tea, coffee, soda, and sparkling water)
- Guided hikes and daytime activities
- Use of shared camping equipment/supplies:
Bug spray, lanterns, shade canopy, tent tools, grill, etc
Does NOT include:
- Tents, sleeping bags
(Additional tents may be available upon request)
Send your payments using:
(Please use friends and family option for PayPal)
Your payment secures your spot. An RSVP alone does not count.
IMPORTANT: You must fill out this survey when you RSVP.
Otherwise you will be removed from the RSVP list.
- Carpool to Big Sur and arrive at our campsite
- Meet everyone else on the trip
- Set up tents and campsite
- Settle in with a welcome drink and snacks
- A light meal will be served
- Celebrate the start of our camping weekend!
- Breakfast at camp
- Hike one of the many trails near camp
- Lunch on the trail or back at camp
- Exploring the redwood groves and waterfalls
- Go play and enjoy the sunset at Pfeiffer beach
- Return to camp for the group dinner
- Drinks, games, s'mores, and storytelling
- Breakfast at camp
- Pack up camp and check out by 12PM
- Go for a scenic drive along route one
- Explore other sights and hiking trails
- Carpool back to SF
- Optional group lunch/dinner on the way home
All the activities are optional. You are free to do your own thing at anytime on the trip.
Please fill out the carpool form here
Drivers, please indicate where and when you are leaving. Passengers can sign up for an available car or the wait-list if none are available.
Passengers are responsible for splitting gas/toll costs
Image by harleyufo from Pixabay